All smaller, older cemeteries in the Port Orchard, Washington and surrounding area.
The Bethel Cemetery is located 3 miles south of Port Orchard, Washington. The cemetery is located on the corner of Lider Road SE and Bethel Avenue and is behind the Grace Bible Church.
Driving Directions: To get to the cemetery one should leave Highway 16 at the Sedgwick/Southworth exit driving east. At the Sedgwick and Bethel intersection, turn Right and travel on Bethel over the crossover of Hwy 16 just past the Bethel Towing Co. Crossing the overpass will have you facing Grace Bible Church.
The Sedgwick Cemetery is located on the outskirts of Port Orchard on Sedgwick Road.
Driving Directions: From SR 16 take the Sedgwick Exit. Turn right onto SR-160 (SE Sedgwick Road). Stay on Sedgwick Rd for approximately 5.5 miles. Cemetery will be on your right hand side.
Sedgwick Cemetery was founded by the Ladies of G.A.R. General John Sedgwick Circle of Harper and Colby. This cemetery was named in honor of General John Sedgwick, a Civil War Officer. In the year 1905, a group of women, wives, daughters, and nieces of Civil War Veterans, organized the General Sedgwick Circle, No. 28, Ladies of the G.A.R., Women’s Auxiliary of the Grand Army of the Republic. The charter members were Miriam Grant, Annie Cox, Mrs. Premo, Rosa Carr, Eva Peterson, Alice Kenney, Mrs. Ford Kenney, Juaquina Higgins, Annie Malone and Mrs. Myron Mix, all residents of Harper and Colby. The Circle at once adopted a project, namely, a suitable burial place for the future use of veterans and their families. Two acres of land, level and uncleared were bought from Major Carr of Harper. In 1910, the little cemetery had been surveyed and platted. Driveways and alleys were laid out and a formal dedication was made to the public. Records have been faithfully kept and their pages show the names of many pioneers, women and men, who, by their industry and integrity, have helped to bring Kitsap County to its fine level of today.
The Colby (South Colby) Cemetery is located at the crossroad of SE Mile Hill Drive and Alaska Street SE in Colby (outskirts of Port Orchard), Kitsap Co., Wash.This small cemetery is in a wooded area and is on a slight hill, with a narrow dirt road leading up to it. The cemetery appears overgrown and unkept.